Care Coordination helps students manage life stressors that can impact academics and personal well-being. Care Coordination enhances student success by identifying needs, removing barriers and reducing distress. After receiving a referral for services, the office helps students through a variety of interventions, university services, community referrals and case management.
Care Coordination is able to :
- Reach out to students via email and phone to offer an appointment with the Care Coordinator, Julie Bezek
- Evaluate threat and assess risk to self and/or the community
- Arrange for appropriate medical or mental health care
- Maintain contact and meet with students to address needs
- Foster self-advocacy in students to manage their academic, personal and fiscal responsibilities
- Advocate for students individually and systemically
The Care Coordinator provides intervention and follow-up services for students referred for personal, emotional, mental health, and academic concerns. The Care Coordinator assists with services across campus resources such as the Counseling Center, Disability Support Services, Student Health Services, Academic Advising, etc. and within the greater community.
If a student is struggling and you are unsure how to get them help, Care Coordination can provide assistance. The Care Coordinator, Julie Bezek, can be contacted at the Counseling Center (Lograsso Hall), 716-673-3424 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on assisting a student of concern or filing a student of concern report please visit: Students of Concern (SOC)