- Faculty & Staff
- a great way to broaden your understanding of your major.
- a paid position of at least minimum wage.
- a job where you help schedule your hours. Tutors work from two to ten hours per week.
- done both in the Learning Center (drop-in tutees) and for the EDP, DSS and FOP programs (assigned tutees). All tutors agree to do both.
- a terrific credential for both job hunting and graduate school. rewarding beyond the pay because genuinely helping someone else is very satisfying.
- a job for which tutors receive training and professional development. Our tutor training program has received national recognition. You'll enjoy being part of this special group of responsible and caring people.
- a job where maturity counts. Tutors largely supervise themselves, help train new tutors, and contribute to the design and function of the programs.
- receiving increasing respect from both faculty and students as an important component of anyone's education.
- not an easy way to earn money but one of the best things you can do for your own education.
- offers additional opportunities to tutor English as a second language and to tutor students with disabilities.
- provides an opportunity to become a Supplemental Instruction tutor in your second year.
Tutoring Center Hours
Monday 1pm - 9pm
Tuesday 1pm - 10pm
Wednesday 1pm - 9pm
Thursday 1pm - 9pm
Friday & Saturday CLOSED
Sunday 6pm - 9pm
The Learning Center
Reed Library Fourth Floor
State University of New York at Fredonia
Fredonia, NY 14063
(716) 673-3550 phone
(716) 673-3801 fax