- Faculty & Staff
Current Fredonia undergraduate and graduate students may register and pay online via Your Connection. Payment of tuition and fees SHOULD be made upon successful registration to avoid being dropped from classes. The last day for May Term, Summer I, and Summer Extended online registration is April 28; the last day for Summer II online registration is June 13. After these dates, Summer Sessions registrations will be processed in the Registrar's Office on the first floor of Reed Library.
Visiting undergraduate students (students enrolled in an undergraduate program at another institution) must first fill out the Summer Sessions Registration Form and then mail or fax it to Extended Learning with documentation of college coursework (advisor's or registrar's signature) and full payment. Please make note of any course prerequisites when reviewing the Summer Sessions schedule under Course Information. You must provide evidence of having completed them. To view course equivalents, please visit Fredonia's Course Equivalencies page. Once the form is processed, you will be sent a copy of your schedule confirming the registration. Class spaces will be assigned according to the date of receipt of the Registration Form. After April 28 (for May Term, Summer I, and Summer Extended) and June 13 (for Summer II), please call Extended Learning directly at 716.673.3177.
Visiting graduate students (students enrolled in a graduate program at another institution) must complete the graduate application online before April 28 (for May Term, Summer I, and Summer Extended) or June 13 (for Summer II) to take advantage of online registration. Students who apply on or after these dates must complete both the graduate application online and the Summer Sessions Registration Form. Please mail or fax the Summer Sessions Registration Form and full payment to Extended Learning with documentation of current college enrollment (signature of current advisor or registrar). Once the Registration Form is processed, you will be sent a copy of your schedule confirming the registration. Class spaces will be assigned according to the date of receipt of the Registration Form. After April 28 (for May Term, Summer I, and Summer Extended) and June 13 (for Summer II), please call the Graduate Studies Office directly at 716.673.3808 to discuss your options with an admissions specialist.
Undergraduate students not currently enrolled in a college program must submit an Application for Continuing Education Credit Study and should contact Extended Learning well in advance of registration.
Graduate students not currently enrolled in a college program must complete the graduate application online well in advance of registration. If you have questions, please call the Graduate Studies Office directly at 716.673.3808 to discuss your options with an admissions specialist.
In accordance with SUNY policy, no student is allowed to register for future semesters until all tuition, fees, and other current financial liabilities have been paid.
The State University of New York at Fredonia reserves the right
to cancel any course for which the enrollment is deemed
insufficient or for other administrative reasons. The university
also reserves the right to change faculty assignments and
therefore cannot guarantee students the faculty of
Undergraduate student summer course loads are generally limited to 9 semester hours per session. Undergraduate students desiring to take more than 9 semester credit hours of work in any one session must obtain prior approval in writing from the Director of Extended Learning.
Graduate student summer course loads are limited to 6 credit hours per session. Graduate students who wish to take more that 6 credit hours must submit a Permission to Waive Credit Hour Limit form to the Graduate Office. You must obtain the signature of your department chair and (if applicable) the Dean of the College of Education before submitting the form.
All students enrolling in May Term courses are limited to 3 semester hours during May Term.
A. Undergraduate Students wishing to enroll for summer courses must meet the prerequisites of the course(s) in which they would like to register and one of the following criteria for eligibility.
- FREDONIA UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS who are eligible to register for Fall Semester 2016 and who are in good academic standing may register for summer courses.
- FORMER FREDONIA UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS who were not registered for Spring Semester 2016 must contact the Student Affairs Office, 716.673.3271 and request readmission/reinstatement information well in advance of registering. Registrations will not be processed until this requirement is met.
- NEW FALL SEMESTER 2016 FREDONIA FRESHMEN OR TRANSFERS WHO WANT TO REGISTER VIA THE WEB MUST PAY THEIR ADMISSIONS DEPOSIT by May 1 (Freshmen) or June 1 (Transfers), and should contact the Registrar's Office at 716.673.3171. After those dates, new students should submit the Summer Sessions Registration Form by the deadlines specified in the calendar. If you wish to apply for admission to the College for Fall Semester 2016, please contact the Office of Admissions, Fenner House, 716.673.3251. Registrations for Summer Sessions will not be processed until your application for Fall Semester has been approved and you have submitted your admission deposit.
- NEW CONTINUING EDUCATION AND VISITING STUDENTS who have not attended The State University of New York at Fredonia should contact Extended Learning, 2146 Fenton Hall, 716.673.3177 as well in advance of registration as possible.
- FORMER CONTINUING EDUCATION STUDENTS who have not registered since the Spring Semester 2016 should contact Extended Learning, 2146 Fenton Hall, 716.673.3177 as well in advance of registration as possible.
Students who wish to register for graduate courses must meet one of the following conditions for eligibility:
- Current Fredonia graduate students: If you are actively enrolled (i.e. you took courses in Spring 2016) in a graduate program, you are automatically eligible and may register and pay online via Your Connection.
- New Fredonia graduate students: If you have been accepted for the Summer 2016 you are automatically eligible and may register and pay online via Your Connection. If you have been admitted for Fall 2016 and want to take coursework in Summer 2016, please contact the Graduate Studies Office at 716.673.3808 for online registration activation.
- Professional/Personal development:If you wish to participate in graduate coursework for professional or personal development, and have earned a master's degree from The State University of New York at Fredonia or another institution, we invite you to apply online for Post Master's (non-degree) Study.
- Visiting graduate students:If you have been accepted or currently attend another graduate school, you must complete the graduate application online to become eligible to register.
- Prospective graduate students: If you have completed an undergraduate degree and wish to take graduate coursework, you must submit a full graduate application (see application procedures here). Applications are available online or in the Graduate Office, E230A Thompson Hall, 716.673.3808. The deadline for completed applications is April 1, 2016, but late applications will be accepted. A late fee applies. Please call the Graduate Studies Office directly at 716.673.3808 to discuss your options with an admissions specialist.
If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, please contact Wendy S. Dunst - Wendy.Dunst@fredonia.edu - in the Graduate Studies Office for further instructions. Please note that you may be required to submit application materials such as a statement of intent, current resume, and transcript before becoming eligible for registration. Please see our website for more details.
- Indicate the specific summer session for each (i.e., SSI; SSII).
- IMPORTANT: Course Reference Number. Indicate the 5-digit course reference number listed in the far left column.
- Indicate Subject Code (3/4 letters after the 5-digit course reference number).
- Course Number. For example, ART 115, write "115" in the Course Number Column.
- Indicate the section number you are requesting and the credit hours for each course.
- If you register by mail, written confirmation of your registration will be mailed to the mailing address you indicate on the registration form.
Degree and Certification Applications for August 2016 graduation must be completed by Friday, June 17, 2016. Appropriate forms are available in the Registrar's Office, first floor of Reed Library.
*Mail-in or in-person registration: PDF Printable Form. The registration form, complete payment and documentation (if necessary) should be mailed to:
The State University of New York at Fredonia
2146 Fenton Hall
Fredonia, NY 14063
2146 Fenton Hall
Fredonia, NY 14063
*Note: Mail registrations will be accepted according to the dates in the summer calendar.