- Faculty & Staff
Current Fredonia undergraduate and graduate students may register and pay online via Your Connection. Payment of tuition and fees is due immediately. You will be dropped from courses if you fail to pay immediately. The last day for May Term and Summer I online registration is May 1; the last day for Summer II online registration is June 12.
Visiting undergraduate students (students enrolled in an undergraduate program at another institution) must first fill out the Summer Sessions Registration Form and then mail or fax it to Lifelong Learning & Special Programs with documentation of college coursework (advisor's or registrar's signature) and full payment. Once the form is processed, you will be sent a copy of your schedule confirming the registration. Class spaces will be assigned according to the date of receipt of the Registration Form. After May 1 (May Term and Summer I) and June 12 (Summer II), please call Lifelong Learning & Special Programs directly at 716.673.3177.
Visiting graduate students (students enrolled in a graduate program at another institution) must complete the graduate application online before May 1 (May Term and Summer I) or June 12 (Summer II) to take advantage of online registration. Students who apply on or after these dates must complete both the graduate application online and the Summer Sessions Registration Form. Please mail or fax the registration form and full payment to the Graduate Studies Office with documentation of current college enrollment (signature of current advisor or registrar). Once the form is processed, you will be sent a copy of your schedule confirming the registration. Class spaces will be assigned according to the date of receipt of the Registration Form. After May 1 (May Term and Summer I) and June 12 (Summer II), please call the Graduate Studies Office directly at 716.673.3808 to discuss your options with an admissions specialist.
Undergraduate students not currently enrolled in a college program must submit an Application for Continuing Education Credit Study and should contact Lifelong Learning & Special Programs well in advance of registration.
Graduate students not currently enrolled in a college program must submit must complete the graduate application online well in advance of registration. If you have questions, please call the Graduate Studies Office directly at 716.673.3808 to discuss your options with an admissions specialist.
Summer Course Load
Undergraduate student summer course loads are generally limited to 9 semester hours per session. Undergraduate students desiring to take more than 9 semester credit hours of work in any one session must obtain prior approval in writing from the Director of Lifelong Learning & Special Programs.
Graduate student summer course loads are limited to 6 credit hours per session. Graduate students who wish to take more that 6 credit hours must submit a Permission to Waive Credit Hour Limit form to the Graduate Studies Office. You must obtain the signature of your department chair and (if applicable) the Dean of the College of Education before submitting the form.
Students enrolling in May Term courses are limited to 3 semester hours during May Term. In accordance with SUNY policy, no student is allowed to register for future semesters until all tuition, fees, and other current financial liabilities have been paid.
A. Undergraduate Students wishing to enroll for summer courses must meet the prerequisites of the course(s) in which they would like to register and one of the following criteria for eligibility.
- FREDONIA UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS who are eligible to register for Fall Semester 2009 and who are in good academic standing may register for summer courses.
- FORMER FREDONIA UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS who were not registered for Spring Semester 2009 must contact the Student Affairs Office, 716.673.3271 and request readmission/reinstatement information well in advance of registering. Registrations will not be processed until this requirement is met.
- NEW FALL SEMESTER 2009 FREDONIA FRESHMEN OR TRANSFERS WHO WANT TO REGISTER VIA THE WEB MUST PAY THEIR ADMISSIONS DEPOSIT by April 4, and should contact the Registrar's Office at 716.673.3171. After April 4, new students should submit the Registration Form by the deadlines specified in the calendar. If you wish to apply for admission to the College for Fall Semester 2009, please contact the Office of Admissions, Fenner House, 716.673.3251. Registrations for Summer Sessions will not be processed until your application for Fall Semester has been approved and you have submitted your admission deposit.
- NEW CONTINUING EDUCATION AND VISITING STUDENTS who have not attended Fredonia should contact Lifelong Learning & Special Programs, S-125 Williams Center, 716.673.3177 as well in advance of registration as possible.
- FORMER CONTINUING EDUCATION STUDENTS who have not registered since the Spring Semester 2009 should contact Lifelong Learning & Special Programs, S-125 Williams Center, 716.673.3177 as well in advance of registration as possible.
Students who wish to register for graduate courses must meet one of the following conditions for eligibility:
- Current Fredonia graduate students: If you are actively enrolled (i.e. you took courses in Spring 2009) in a graduate program, you are automatically eligibile and may register and pay online via Your Connection.
- New Fredonia graduate students: If you have been accepted for the Summer 2009 you are automatically eligibile and may register and pay online via Your Connection. If you have been admitted for Fall 2009 and want to take coursework in Summer 2009, please contact the Graduate Studies Office at 716.673.3808 for online registration activation.
- Professional/Personal development: If you wish to participate in graduate coursework for professional or personal developmment, and have earned a master's degree from Fredonia or another institution, we invite you to apply online for Post Master's (non-degree) Study.
- Visiting graduate students: If you have been accepted or currently attend another graduate school, you must complete the graduate application online to become eligible to register.
- Prospective graduate students: If you have completed an undergraduate degree and wish to take graduate coursework, you must submit a full graduate application (see application procedures here). Applications are available online or in the Graduate Office, 2142 Fenton Hall, 716.673.3808. The deadline for completed applications is April 1, 2009, but late applications will be accepted. A late fee applies. Please call the Graduate Studies Office directly at 716.673.3808 to discuss your options with an admissions specialist.
If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, please contact Wendy S. Dunst (Wendy.Dunst@fredonia.edu) in the Graduate Studies Office for further instructions. Please note that you may be required to submit application materials such as a statement of intent, current resume, and transcript before becoming eligible for registration. Please see our website for more details.
- Indicate the specific summer session for each (i.e., SSI; SSII).
- IMPORTANT: Course Reference Number. Indicate the 5-digit course reference number listed in the far left column.
- Indicate Subject Code (3/4 letters after the 5-digit course reference number).
- Course Number. For example, ART 115, write "115" in the Course Number Column.
- Indicate the section number you are requesting and the credit hours for each course.
- If you register by mail, written confirmation of your registration will be mailed to the mailing address you indicate on the registration form.
Degree and Certification Applications for August 2009 graduation must be completed by Friday, June 5, 2009. Appropriate forms are available in the Registrar's Office, first floor of Reed Library.
*Mail-in or in-person registration: PDF Printable Form. The registration form, complete payment and documentation (if necessary) should be mailed to:
Lifelong Learning & Special Programs
S-125 Williams Center
Fredonia, NY 14063
*Note: Mail registrations will be accepted according to the dates in the summer calendar.
Dates are TBA