Student Teaching in Mexico
Fredonia’s student teaching program at the Universidad Popular Autónoma del Estado de Puebla (UPAEP) includes:
- 20 day Student Teaching placement in the city of Puebla (this student teaching program meets the certification requirements mandated by the New York State Education Department as well as by the State University of New York).
- Weekly supervision by a university professor
- 1 day of orientation (including getting familiar with university setting, community, and school placement)
- 20 hours of group Spanish classes with an UPAEP professor
- Transportation to and from the Mexico City airport
- 3 -5 seminars on education topics with an UPAEP professor
- Homestay and meals
Summer Student Teaching Program Dates: Coming Soon
Accommodation: Students stay with a Mexican family; this is a unique opportunity to learn more Spanish and also learn more about Mexican culture first hand. In general, two meals a day and three meals on the weekend will be provided and internet access in guaranteed.
Cost: 2016 Student Budget
UPAEP Website: http://www.upaep.mx/index.php
Application Deadline: March 1, 2016
Program Dates: June 25 - July 23, 2016
Application: Submit an application to the Office of International Education.
For More Information Contact:
Dr. Kate Mahoney
E254 Thompson Hall