- Faculty & Staff
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- Recommended that students register
- The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service provided by the U.S. Government to U.S. citizens who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country.
- STEP allows you to enter information about your trip abroad so the Department of State can better assist you in an emergency.
- STEP also allows provides information about the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.
SUNY HTH Health & Accident Insurance
- SUNY policy mandates that all students studying abroad have health and emergency assistance insurance.
- You will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the SUNY HTH Health Insurance
- In some cases, the host institution overseas requires students to purchase a particular international insurance policy. If this is the case, the cost of the host university insurance will be included in the Program Charge and the Estimate of Costs from Fredonia will indicate a charge for MEDEX only (see an explanation of MEDEX below.)
- Please note: Neither the State of New York, through its agents, nor the State University of New York through its agents and employees, is responsible in any manner whatsoever for the payment of any claim for health-related services provided to individuals covered under this insurance policy. The State of New York and State University of New York are not responsible for obligations incurred by individuals who are not covered by this insurance policy. All individuals participating in the University’s health insurance programs described herein are responsible for reviewing all descriptions of the scope and level of coverage offered by this policy. Such participants will be solely responsible for obtaining additional coverage not provided under this program if such is deemed necessary by the participant.
SUNY MEDEX Emergency Assistance Insurance
- All students participating on SUNY study abroad options will automatically be enrolled in and billed for the SUNY MEDEX Emergency Assistance Insurance.
- It is not possible to opt out of MEDEX.