Internship Program - Internship Checklist
Follow these steps to set up an internship FOR CREDIT!
- Talk to your advisor about doing an internship.
- Determine if you are eligible (minimum GPA of 2.0 and completion of at least 30 credit hours).
- Schedule an appointment to talk with a counselor at the CDO to explore options, identify internship opportunities, develop effective resumes and cover letters, and polish your internship/job seeking skills.
- Interview with the host Site Supervisor.
- Meet with the internship Faculty Sponsor of your department.
- Register for your internship course with your department.
- Understand how many hours you must work to earn the credit you register for (1 credit hour = 40 work hours).
- Complete the Learning Contract for Experiential Education and obtain signatures.
- Submit your completed and signed Learning Contract for Experiential Education to the Internship Coordinator at the CDO.
- According to the specified dates in your Learning Contract, complete and submit your Mid-term and Final Evaluation Forms to your Faculty Sponsor.
- Submit your journal, paper, or other required documents to your Faculty Sponsor.
Contact the CDO at (716) 673-3327 to schedule an appointment with a counselor, obtain a Learning Contract, and find potential internship site locations.