- Faculty & Staff
Early contact with the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is critical to developing a successful proposal. We prefer to work one-on-one early in the process with newcomers and veterans. Given the changing electronic submission processes, we require the completed proposal be submitted five days in advance of the deadline to assure meeting deadlines.
The OSP staff will assist in:
- identifying funding sources/sponsors;
- obtaining and interpreting funding source/sponsor guidelines (RFPs: Requests for Proposals) and requirements for proposals;
- obtaining model or successful applications;
- connect Fredonia faculty with other successful applicants;
- budget development, assuring compliance with sponsor and university policies;
- routing sheet approvals for university commitments;
- arranging and coordinating collaboration meetings;
- writing/editing assistance;
- other grant preparation related investigator needs.
All prospective faculty or staff applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their proposal concepts with the appropriate Chair, Dean and/or Director to assure alignment with campus strategic objectives and potential departmental or unit impact.
Copies of the proposal are kept in the OSP pending files until notification of award or declination.