Fredonia Science, Math and Technology Mission
Fredonia continually rethinks its approach to science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education so that it can provide its graduates with a skill set relevant to a world economy increasingly driven by technological innovation. The STEM departments are committed to:
- Providing STEM majors with a sound education including a theoretical background, hands on experience with up to date scientific instrumentation, experience with modern scientific research practices and the ability to communicate scientific information.
- Creating an environment that enables state of the art faculty research and facilitates the inclusion of students in that research.
- Providing non-STEM majors with a science background that will allow them to better understand the scientific enterprise and to make better informed decisions concerning public policy issues that relate to science.
- Equipping science education majors with the tools necessary to become creative and effective teachers of science and mathematics.
- Create and maintain a facility that provides an environment that facilitates creative and collaborative research and teaching that is a catalyst for change and discovery. In addition, this science center will provide windows into the world of science with performance science spaces and exhibits.