Additional information can be found on departmental websites
Campus Safety Committee
The State University of New York at Fredonia Campus Safety Committee was re-established in 2017 to address a wide range of campus concerns which contribute to maintaining an overal safe environment conducive to living, learning and working together. The committee's charge includes:
- Planning safety training and communication for the campus
- Examining and evaluating safety concerns or opportunities identified by committee members
- Receiving safety concerns and recommendations from University faculty, staff, and students
- Recommending to the President and Cabinet ways to alleviate or mitigate safety concerns
- Developing appropriate University policies or programs relating to health and safety, to be approved by the Cabinet
The Campus Safety Committee is comprised of Presidential appointed representatives from campus departments. Each representative is tasked with:
- Providing input to resolve campus safety issues
- Bringing safety issues to the safety committee for resolution
- Contributing to help meet the annual goals set by the safety commitee
Meetings are held two to three times per semester during the academic year. Special meetings are called whenever necessary.
Report a Health or Safety Concern
Fredonia employees and students are encouraged to report unsafe conditions or problems that they observe on campus using the Health and Safety Concern Report Form. These may include health and safety risks (such as trip and fall hazards or unsafe conduct by employees or students), fire safety issues, security issues (such as doors propped open or unable to lock), and environmental concerns. If you wish to report a non-emergency health or safety concern you may complete a Health and Safety Concern Report Form.
Please note, this form should not be used for emergencies or crimes that would ordinarily be reported to University Police, or for routine maintenance problems such as heating or prest control. Routine maintenance requests should be submitted through the Facilities Services Work Request System.