- Faculty & Staff
Fredonia students seeking cross registration at another SUNY institution.
Note: Cross registered coursework taken at another institution is transfer work. Only the credits will be transferred back to your Fredonia record. Grades will not be calculated into your Fredonia grade point average.
- Complete the SUNY cross registration form and obtain approval signatures of your department Chairperson and the Registrar’s Office. This form also acts as your transfer credit approval form. A copy of this form will remain on file in the Registrar’s Office.
- Follow the process and registration procedures as outlined at your host institution. The host institution reserves the right to deny cross registration.
Criteria and Applicable situations for cross registration:
- Student must maintain a full-time course load at Fredonia. (12 credit hours for undergraduate students or 9 credits for graduate students)
- No more than six credit hours of coursework are allowed per semester
- Courses must be taken in Fall and Spring semesters only
- Courses must be unique experiences not offered at Fredonia OR
- Courses are not available or are necessary to resolve a schedule conflict that would otherwise create a delay in degree completion OR
- Courses are being sought for greater efficiency of resources (faculty, facilities, etc)
- Restrictred Courses: Internships, Independent Studies or Capstone Courses. The institution reserves the right to restrict other courses as necessary.