- Faculty & Staff
Associate Professor of Physics
- University of Southampton, Ph.D. "The Design of High Magnetic Field Coils and the Pulsed Field Magnetization of Some Intermetallic Compounds" 1975
- University of Southampton, B.Sc. Physics 1969
- Electronic Properties of Metals and Alloys
- Crystal Growth
- Epitaxial Growth by Organo-Metallic Vapor Deposition
- X-Ray Diffraction
Teaching Interests and Specialties:
- Demonstrations for Lectures and Open House
- Mentor/advisor, Engineering and Physics Club
- Open Door Help and Advising
- Engineering Mechanics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Introductory Physics
- Solid State Physics
- X-ray crystallography
- "Halogen Lamps for Aircraft Lighting" Peter Mattocks, Letter to the editor, AOPA Pilot, 45 (8), 41 (2002)
- "Structural and Magnetic Properties of Thin Epitaxial Fe Films on (110) GaAs Prepared by Metalorganic Chemical Vapor Deposition" H. J. Haugan, B. D. McCombe and P. G. Mattocks, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 247, 296-304 (2002).
- "Metal-Organic Vapor Phase Epitaxy of (Zn/Fe)Se Films" (with T.J.Mountziaris et al), J.Crystal Growth 170, 523-527 (1997).
- "Metal-Organic Vapor Phase Epitaxy and Characterization of Fe/ZnSe/Fe/GaAs Metal-Semiconductor Heterojunctions" (with T.J.Mountziaris et al), Photonics Materials Devices Workshop, SUNY Buffalo (1997).
- "Applications of the Maximum Entropy Technique to the Analysis of de Haas-van Alphen Data" (with T.I.Sigfusson et al), Phys. Rev. B 46, 10446 (1992).
- "Structure and Properties of a New Kappa-Phase Organic Superconductor (BEDT-TTF)Cu(CN)"(with M.J.Naughton et al), Gordon Research Conference, Germany (1991).
- "A 0.7 mW Magnetic Heat Engine", Am. J. Phys. 58, 545 (1990).
- "The Octopus and the Phasor"(with L Ribaud), Am. Phys. Teacher 28, 160 (1990).
- "Pressure Dependence of the de Haas-van Alphen Effect in ZrZn(2): Deviations from the Stoner-Wohlfarth Model", Phys. Rev. Letts., 62, 2555 (1989).
Contact me at:
phone:(716)-673-3343, fax (716)-673-3347, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org