- Faculty & Staff
We invite you to audition for one of the country's most distinguished music schools.
Since this is a large music school on a relatively small campus, the arts atmosphere is vibrant. So is the learning environment, as seven tracks of study are available to the music major.
There are three ways to audition for Fredonia. If at all possible, it is best to audition on campus.
Individuals interested in auditioning and applying for admission to an Undergraduate program need to:
- Apply to The State University of New York at Fredonia through the Office of Admissions.
- Submit an Audition Request (including Applicant Information section) with the non-refundable audition fee* ($35 for on-campus, $30 for off-campus auditions, or $35 for digitally submitted video auditions) in one of the three available methods:
- Request an on-campus audition. (Open to all applicants, see dates and deadlines.)
- Request an off-campus audition (Albany or Long Island). (Not available to percussionists, see dates and deadlines.)
- Submit a video audition. Applicants are strongly encouraged to audition in person. If you cannot reach Fredonia for an in-person audition, you may submit a recorded video audition.
Those interested in the B.F.A. Musical Theatre degree program will find information and audition applications at the Department of Theatre & Dance.
Questions about the Admissions process for the School of Music?
E-mail, call, or write: