- Faculty & Staff
We invite you to audition for one of the country's most distinguished music schools.
Thank you for your interest in the Fredonia School of Music's undergraduate programs! Fredonia's School of Music is a large music school on a relatively small campus. The arts atmosphere is vibrant, and so is the learning environment! There are seven tracks of study available to the music major.
To audition for the Fredonia School of Music, you may either select an on-campus audition, an off-campus audition in Albany or Long Island, or a video submission. We strongly recommend an on campus audition for all applicants, but make the other options available to those who need it.
Individuals interested in auditioning and applying for admission to an Undergraduate program must:
- Apply to The State University of New York at Fredonia through the Office of Admissions.
- Submit an Audition Request (including Applicant Information section) with the non-refundable audition fee* ($35 for on-campus, $60 for off-campus auditions, or $60 for digitally submitted video auditions) in one of the three available methods:
- Note: Once you begin the application you must complete your entire application, you will not be able to save and return, you will be asked to pay your audition fees as part of the application. Please be prepared to do so when you begin.
- Vocalists are required to use an accompanist, you may either provide your own or pay the $20 accompanist fee
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to audition in person. If you cannot reach Fredonia for an in-person audition, you may send a recorded video audition electronically (this is one of the options in the drop down menu).
- Prepare Required Audition Materials
Those interested in the B.F.A. Musical Theatre degree program will find information and audition applications at the Department of Theatre & Dance.
Questions about the Admissions process for the School of Music?
E-mail, call, or write: