Thank you for your interest in the Fredonia School of Music's graduate programs. Everyone applying for graduate study in music must start by visiting the Office of Graduate Studies page. There you will find information about application procedures and deadlines, as well as a link to the online application.
You must have a completed application through the University's Office of Graduate Studies before requesting an audition or interview.
Individuals interested in auditioning and applying for admission to a Graduate program need to:
- Apply to The State University of New York at Fredonia through the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Submit an Audition Request (including Applicant Information section) with the non-refundable audition fee* ($40 for on-campus, or $60 for digitally submitted video auditions), please note that:
- Note: Once you begin the application you must complete your entire application, you will not be able to save and return, you will be asked to pay your audition fees as part of the application. Please be prepared to do so when you begin.
- Vocalists are required to use an accompanist, you may either provide your own or pay the $20 accompanist fee
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to audition in person. If you cannot reach Fredonia for an in-person audition, you may send a recorded video audition electronically (this is one of the options in the drop down menu).
- Prepare Required Audition Materials
*Audition fees are subject to change.