What we do
- Provide important information to internal and external audiences through all available media
- Develop and distribute news releases
- Help the news media cover important stories
- Proactively offer up campus experts to media and other key constituencies
- Support campus and community event management and other promotional efforts
- Administer, edit and design the university website
- Photograph events and people
- Produce marketing materials and conduct market research
- Write, edit and produce the The Statement alumni magazine
- Email a weekly online newsletter to the campus community during the academic year
- Plan long-term strategies for university-wide marketing communications
- Develop, produce and place all image and non-event-specific advertising
For sources and experts
- News reporters and editors are encouraged to contact us for help in connecting with valuable experts on diverse topics. Please contact Jeff Woodard, Director of Marketing and Communications, at (716) 673-4002 during office hours (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. late August through mid May, or 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the summer). Faculty and staff: Register to be one of our Campus Experts here.
A reliable voice
- The Director of Marketing and Communications is the University Spokesperson and as such is the recommended first contact for any inquiries addressed to the university administration. During emergencies, the Marketing and Communications Office is the university's only authorized source for accurate information.
Please note that the Marketing and Communications office is not the point of contact for requests under the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL).