The participation by the State University of New York at Fredonia in the Microsoft Campus Agreement includes the Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP) where faculty and staff can purchase the following for work and/or personal use:
- One copy of Office 2016 (PC) OR one copy of Office 2016 (Mac) for $9.95 plus tax (not both).
- A backup DVD for an additional $13.99 plus tax
- Internet connectivity is required. Installation is via download unless the optional backup DVD is purchased.
Stipulations by Microsoft for the Fredonia Home Use Program:
- The software available for purchase through the HUP is available to currently employed faculty and staff whose positions are covered by the current Microsoft Campus Agreement. These include:
- Employees on the New York State payroll (full and part time) excluding those who are employed as graduate, research or teaching assistants.
- Employees on the SUNY Research Foundation payroll (full and part time) excluding those who are employed as graduate, research or teaching assistants.
- Employees of the Fredonia Foundation payroll (full and part time)
- Non-student FSA Employees who have a fredonia.edu e-mail address.
- The Home Use Program is not available to the following:
- Students (even if employed on campus)
- Graduate Assistants, Research Assistants or Teaching Assistants
- Retired employees
- The software covered by the purchased license can be installed on one desktop device and one laptop and can be used for both personal and work-related purposes.
- Upon receiving them, the participants agree not share the download instructions or special program code with anyone else.
- The license to use the software ends when the participant is no longer employed at the State University of New York at Fredonia for any reason, including retirement. Specifically, Fredonia emeriti are not eligible to purchase under the Home Use Program nor are they licensed to continue using the software after they are off the payroll.
Anyone purchasing the software should check in advance to make sure the computer intended for installation meets the system requirements for Office 2016. Any previous version of Office, including any trial version, should be uninstalled. Note that Office 2016 will only install on Windows 7 or later (not under XP or Vista).
Please note that we will record your response, and Microsoft as well is keeping a list of all from Fredonia who avail themselves of MS Office using credentials supplied to Fredonia for this purpose.