- Faculty & Staff
After paying your admissions deposit, you will be added to an email list from the International Student Services Office. You will begin to receive important emails throughout the weeks leading up to your semester start date. Included in these emails will be links to informational videos that the office has created to help you become more aware of our campus before you arrive.
Below are some helpful reminder on what to pack. Please keep in mind that we will escort you to local stores within the first couple days you are on campus. You will also have the chance to buy items such as bed linens, blankets, small furniture, groceries, cell phone and so forth.
What to pack:
- Clothes: The weather in Fredonia varies greatly throughout the year. In August, you will need cool, light clothing, as temperatures and humidity levels will generally be high. September through mid-November is generally pleasant with plenty of sun and moderate temperatures. Heavy snowfall is unlikely, but not unheard of, before late November. By late December, cold temperatures and high snowfall totals will probably make winter coats, hats, and gloves a daily necessity. From December to early April cold temperatures and frequent snowfall are to be expected. May is somewhat rainy, but pleasant with milder temperatures.
- Credit card or traveler's checks, a small amount of US currency
- Textbooks in your native language
- Prescription medication & written prescription
- Movies, video games, music to play on your lap top, mp3 player, calculator, dictionary.
- The U.S. uses 120V, 60 Hz electrical outlet systems with flat blade plugs & flat blade with round grounding pin plugs. Be sure that your electronics meets these standards or that you have a converter/adapter.
Important documents to bring with you:
- Passport - Be sure that your passport is not expired
- I-20 Form
- Admission letter from Fredonia
- FSA-4 Financial Statement and supporting documents
- Health History Form and official immunization record (in English)
- A letter, in English, from your insurance company confirming your health coverage Phone Card & Emergency Phone Numbers
If you have any questions or concerns leading up to your first semester, please email or call the office.
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm
International Student Services
International Student Services (ISS) Office
Williams Center S226A
State University of New York at Fredonia
Fredonia, NY 14063