- Faculty & Staff
The Global Student Ambassador (GSA) Program at Fredonia allows both international and American students the chance to become involved in a leadership position.
Students who become Global Student Ambassadors help the International Student Services in welcoming the international students for the first time once they reach Fredonia's campus. GSAs serve as mentors to newly arrived students, lead tours, and serve as a contact point for new students.
Who can apply to become a Global Student Ambassador?
- Must be a student enrolled at Fredonia
- Students with a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Interest in other cultures and creating an open and accepting campus community
What's that? You want to be a Global Student Ambassador?
Becoming a Global Student Ambassador is a very easy process.
- Apply online by clicking here.
- Once your application is received, you will be sent an email with further instructions.
- Come to the training session with the Global Student Ambassador training manual and bring open minds and questions.
- Meet the new students!!!
APPLICATION DEADLINE for FALL 2015: May 15, 2015
What are the benefits?
- Work closely with Fredonia’s international students and International Student Services
- Build an global network
- Enhance your resume
- Broaden your cross-cultural knowledge & competencies
What do Global Student Ambassadors gain?
- Leadership and Public-Speaking Skills
- Cross-Cultural Knowledge
- Public Relations Experience
- Event Planning Experience
- Life-Long Friends with International Students
- Recognition by Fredonia Administration and Faculty
Global Student Ambassador Responsibilities Throughout the Semester
- Must attend at least ONE orientation session during International Student Orientation
- Attend at least ONE International related event and/or co-sponsorship
- Help plan at least ONE program each semester
- Be a positive spokesperson for Fredonia and the International Student Services Office
- Become a mentor to the international students
Meet Current & Previous Global Student Ambassadors
Click here to view the profiles of previous volunteers!
International Student Orientation Fall 2015
The International Student Orientation for Fall 2015 will be from August 17th until August 22nd. Global Student Ambassadors should be back in Fredonia by August 16th to help with final preparations.
If you have any questions whatsoever, please contact International Student Services Office, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Student Services (ISS) Office
Williams Center S226A
State University of New York at Fredonia
Fredonia, NY 14063
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm
International Student Services