- Faculty & Staff
The Global Student Ambassador (GSA) Program at Fredonia allows both international and American students the chance to become involved in a leadership role on campus.
GSAs help the International Student Services Office in welcoming new international students for the first time once they reach Fredonia's campus. GSAs serve as mentors to newly arrived students, lead tours, and serve as a contact point for new students.
In short, GSAs help new international students transition to campus!
Who can apply to become a Global Student Ambassador?
- Must be a student enrolled at Fredonia
- Students with a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Interest in other cultures and creating an open and accepting campus community
What's that? You want to be a Global Student Ambassador?
Becoming a Global Student Ambassador is a very easy process.
- Apply online by clicking here.
- Once your application is received, you will be sent an email with further instructions.
- Come to the training session with the Global Student Ambassador training manual and bring open minds and questions.
- Meet the new students!!!
APPLICATION DEADLINE for FALL 2017 is May 15, 2017
What are the benefits?
- Influence the lives of your fellow students in a meaningful way
- Build your global network
- Enhance your resume
- Broaden your cross-cultural knowledge & competencies
What do Global Student Ambassadors gain?
- Leadership and Public-Speaking Skills
- Cross-Cultural Knowledge
- Public Relations Experience
- Event Planning Experience
- Life-Long Friends with International Students
- Special recognition by Fredonia Administration and Faculty
Global Student Ambassador Responsibilities:
- Participate in three activities:
- Must attend at least ONE orientation session during International Student Orientation
- Attend at least TWO international related event and/or co-sponsorship
- Be a positive spokesperson for Fredonia and the International Student Services Office
- Become a mentor to international students
- Contribute to write the minimum of 3 posts via ISS website to share your experience
Click here to view the profiles of previous volunteers!
International Student Orientation Fall 2017
The International Student Orientation for Fall 2016 will be roughly from August 14 - 21. Global Student Ambassadors should be back in Fredonia by August 13 to help with final preparations.
If you have any questions whatsoever, please contact International Student Services Office.