How to Apply
The easiest, fastest and most secure way to apply is online using the SUNY Application or the The Common Application. Choose one or the other, but please do not submit both. The fee for applying is $50/application.
If you cannot apply on-line, you may also download a paper SUNY Application here.
Application Requirements For Freshmen and Transfers:
- High school transcripts - Include a certified translation if the original is not in English.
a. First-Year applicants should provide secondary school transcripts and proof of graduation.
b. Transfer s applicants should provide university transcripts and transcript evaluation through a NACES certified company. A list of acceptable providers can be found at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- Financial Statement Form - Submit the Financial Statement form and original documentation proving you have funds to pay for all educational and living expenses for the first year of study.
Passport - A clear photocopy of the identification page of your passport
Demonstrated English proficiency - TOEFL, IELTS, or SAT required for full admission. For score requirements and conditional admission options, please see below.
#1) Direct Admission: Direct Admission means that the student meets all the requirements for the academic program and can demonstrate English proficiency as noted below.
- SAT verbal score of 480 or,
- TOEFL score of 79 or,
- IELTS score of 6.5 or,
- Demonstrated English Proficiency at High Intermediate Level*
* Fredonia has a TOEFL and IELTS waiver agreement that allows students to enter university without a TOEFL or IELTS score, provided the student successfully completes the EC English Intensive program.
#2) Conditional Admission: Conditional admission means that the student meets all requirements for the academic program except for the English language requirement. The student can then be admitted to the academic program on the condition that he/she enrolls in the EC English language program at Fredonia until the required English language level has been reached.
#3) Concurrent Admission: Concurrent admission means that the student meets all requirements for the academic program except has a low to intermediate English language proficiency. Concurrent admission students will take a combination of English language courses at EC English and major courses at Fredonia in the same semester. Concurrent admission is rare and requires academic department approval. Student's interested in the Concurrent Admission option should contact: email@example.com for further details.
Additional Requirements for the College of Visual & Performing Arts:
- Acting applicants must submit audition materials
- Dance applicants must submit audition materials
- Music Performance applicants must submit audition materials
- Musical Theatre applicants must submit audition materials
- Theatre Production Design applicants must submit a portfolio
- Visual Arts and New Media applicants must submit a portfolio