- Faculty & Staff
New York State’s Department of Education and SUNY approved a new 16-credit Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in Professional Writing, developed by faculty in the Department of English at the State University of New York at Fredonia. The Certificate of Advanced Study in Writing is designed for students interested in becoming more expressive, powerful writers of nonfiction prose, including:
- Working professionals who either are currently employed or will be seeking employment as experts in written communication;
- Writers interested in deepening and broadening their writing skills for diverse contexts and audiences;
- Graduate students in English and related fields;
- Educators seeking writing-specific training and credentials;
- Individuals who work in community service organizations;
- Individuals dedicated to cultural activities in the community.
Registration in the program is open to anyone holding a Bachelor’s degree in any field. For information on applying to the CAS in Professional Writing and an overview of courses in it, please go to the 2016-2017 Catalog.