As of February 1, 2010, the New York State Education Department Office of Teaching Initiatives discontinued printing time-limited certificates, which includes all initial teaching certificates. Those certificates that do not expire, such as professional certificates, will still be mailed to the applicant.
PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL OR MAIL YOUR CERTIFICATION BECAUSE IT DISPLAYS BOTH YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND BIRTHDATE.
To submit proof of New York State teaching certification, please follow these steps:
- Go to the TEACH Online Services web page
- Click on the "Login to TEACH" link and log in
- Click on "Account Information"
- Select "Certificates" from the box of options, then click the "Go" button
- Your list of pending and/or issued certificates will appear on the next page; this is your proof of certification
- Copy the screen by pressing the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard (the upper right corner of standard keyboards)
- Paste the screen into a Word document and save it to an easily-remembered location
- Log in to your Fredonia graduate application account
- Choose the "New York State Teaching Certification Submission" section from the menu on the left side of your screen
- Click the "upload document" button below and then the "browse" button to locate the Word document; click the "upload document" button again
- Click the "view document" button below to verify that your document was uploaded
- Click the "save" button
- Log out of your Fredonia graduate application account
An automated email will be sent to the Graduate Studies Office to notify the university about your change in certification status. If this was your only condition for admission, your fully matriculated status will be reflected on your transcript within five business days. Your status is noted on your transcript, which can be accessed using Your Connection. Please feel free to email the office if your conditional status has not been changed after five business days
Thanks for submitting your certification document and we wish you continued success in your educational and professional endeavors. Please visit and bookmark the "Current Student" section of our website for information you'll need to successfully complete your graduate program. And don't forget to become our Facebook fan and follow us on Twitter.