Your Checklist for Success
Web Registration Instructions
Online registration begins in March for fall semesters and October for spring semesters (specific deadlines published on the Registrar deadlines page). Billing dates are standardized, meaning you can register as soon as you like and won't be required to pay tuition until the beginning of the semester (details on the billing procedures page).
- Navigate to Your Connection.
- Log in with your Fredonia ID number (F#) or social security number (with no spaces or dashes). If you are a new student, your PIN is initially set to your 6-digit birth date in the form of MMDDYY (no dashes). You will be asked to change this PIN upon your first login.
- Once logged in, click on the Student tab, and click the Registration link.
- Click the Select Term link and then click on the Add or Drop Classes link. Follow the instructions to complete your registration.
Health Center Requirements
Students who study in New York State are required to submit immunization records and fill out additional health forms. Visit the Health Center new student page for details. Please take care of these requirements by the posted deadlines to avoid losing your e-services (email, OnCourse, library) and being de-registered from your coursework.
All new graduate students are automatically subscribed to the Fredonia graduate student listserv. We don't post often, but when we do, we post information that will directly affect or benefit you. We've posted funding opportunities, job postings, housing, etc. You can post to the listserv by sending your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The list is moderated, so all messages will be approved by the Graduate Studies office before being posted.
In order to receive a parking sticker, please complete a Vehicle Registration Form and return it to the Student Accounts Office in Maytum Hall.
Student ID Card
ID cards are processed at the FSA Office, which is located on the first floor of Gregory Hall.
About Chautauqua County
Fredonia is a quaint village located in the Western New York county of Chautauqua. The county is home to the Chautauqua Institution, Lucille Ball, and Chautauqua Lake. If you like great food, fine wine, and Mother Nature you will find Chautauqua County to be a great place to live and study.
Here are several sites where you can learn about local places and events. Also you will find other areas within close proximity to Fredonia and Chautauqua County.
Within Chautauqua County
- Lake Erie Wine Country
- City of Dunkirk
- Village of Fredonia
- Chautauqua County Tourism
- Chautauqua Institution
- Panama Rocks
- Peek’n Peak
- Lucille Ball Comedy Festival
- Chautauqua County Parks and Trails
Other nearby locations:
- Holiday Valley Resort (1 hour)
- Village of Ellicottville (1 hour)
- Niagara Falls, NY (1.5 hours)
- Buffalo (45 minutes)
- Erie, PA (1 hour)
- Pittsburgh, PA (3 hours)
- Cleveland, OH (2.5 hours)
- Toronto, Ontario (3 hours)