The NYS STEM Incentive Program provides a full SUNY tuition scholarship for the top 10 percent of students in each New York State high school if they pursue a STEM degree in an associates or bachelor degree program and agree to work in a STEM field in New York State for 5 years after graduation.
An applicant must:
- Be a NYS resident
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be enrolled full time at a SUNY or CUNY college beginning with the fall term following his or her high school graduation
- Be ranked in the top 10% of his/her high school graduating class of a NYS High school
- Be matriculated in an undergraduate program leading to a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics at a SUNY or CUNY college
- Earn a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher each term after the first semester
- Execute a service contract agreeing to reside and work in NYS for five years in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics. View the terms and conditions of the service contract
- Not be in default on a student loan made under any NYS or federal education loan program or repayment of any state award
- be in compliance with the terms of any service condition imposed by a state award
POINTS TO CONSIDER prior to accepting a STEM Scholarship.
Click here for more information.