Fredonia's Online Courses - Credit Bearing
To view Fredonia's online courses, go to Your Connection - select the appropriate term - under Instructional Method, select "100% Online Instruction" - press "Class Search." Before registering for an online course at Fredonia please check the minimum technical requirements here.
Fredonia is also proud to partner with OpenSUNY. It features credit bearing online courses offered by most of the SUNY colleges and universities throughout New York State. To view OpenSUNY offerings, please visit the OpenSUNY Website. Before enrolling in courses through OpenSUNY, students should check with their adviser or the Registrar about credit transferability.
General Notes and Recommendations:
- DSL or Cable access to the Internet is essential. While a dial-up connection may work, accessing video or online testing will be difficult and may cause problems.
- Do not install the beta version of any web browser. Since beta versions have not been tested with OnCourse we cannot guarantee that they will work. If a new version of a web browser is released, you will receive notification when it can be installed.
- Do not use Safari as your web browser on a Mac.
- This listing includes only the minimal requirements for an online course. Please check the course listing and syllabus for any additional requirements.
Noncredit Online Courses
Extended Learning, in partnership with Education to Go (ed2go), offers online open-enrollment courses and programs designed to provide skills training and personal enrichment.
Ed2go offers hundreds of engaging online courses, covering every topic from Anatomy to Web Design. Each course comes equipped with a patient and caring instructor, lively discussions with your fellow students, and plenty of practical information that you can put to immediate use. Faculty includes some of the most well-known and trusted names in online education, and the dedication to customer service is second to none.
- All courses can be taken from the comfort of a home or office at the times that are most convenient to you.
- A new section of each course starts monthly.
- All courses run for six to eight weeks and are composed of 12 lessons, representing 24 hours of instruction.
- Participants can ask questions and give or receive advice at any time during the course.
- Upon successful completion of the course, there is a downloadable certificate of completion.
Ed2go's instructor-facilitated courses are available anytime, anywhere. All you need is a web-enabled computer and a desire to learn skills that will prepare you for a new career or update current skill sets. And even though you won’t be in a traditional classroom setting, you won't be on your own. A team of available online professionals, anytime scheduling, and educational textbooks combine to give you a relevant, interactive learning experience. Program areas include:
- Arts & Design
- Computer Programming
- Construction & Trades
- Health & Fitness
- Information Technology