We offer INTERNSHIPS to students who desire to gain hands-on experience in professional geoscience-related industries and government agencies. Internships earn college credit (through GEO 445 - Geosciences Internship), and some positions also provide monetary renumeration, at the discretion of the employer.
Recent Undergraduate INTERNSHIPS secured for Fredonia Geosciences Students:
- U.S. National Park Service (e.g., White Sands)
- U.S. Department of Energy (West Valley Nuclear Site)
- U.S. Natural Resources Conservation Service (Jamestown)
- NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (Olean; Dunkirk)
- Fredonia Maintenance and Operations (G.I.S. application)
- Alleghany County Department of Health
- Cattaraugus County Department of Health
- Chautauqua County Department of Health; Department of Planning; Department of Public Works
- Chautauqua County Soil and Water Conservation District
- City of Dunkirk Department of Public Works
- Dunn Geoscience Corp.
- Gartner Lee, Inc.
- Chautauqua Watershed Conservancy
Students desiring information about the Geosciences Internship Program should contact Dr. Gordon C. Baird via e-mail at Baird@fredonia.edu