- Faculty & Staff
- FAQs for Teacher Certification
- NYSTCE Exams
- What is the edTPA
- Safety Nets for NYSTCE & edTPA
- Fingerprinting Directions
- Steps to Initial/Professional Certification
- Teaching in Other States
- Program Codes for TEACH Certification Application
- Graduate and Undergraduate Waiver Form
The Office of Student Services provides potential students, current students, and graduates with academic student services for the College of Education. This office strives to offer a user-friendly, all-purpose student response structure that guides Fredonia's New York State Certification candidates along the path to becoming responsive, well-rounded, and marketable educators.
Current and prospective students may seek academic advice about College of Education undergraduate and graduate programs in the Office of Student Services.
Applications for change of major to Childhood Education, Childhood Inclusive Education, Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood/Childhood Education are processed in this office.
The Office of Student Services also serves as a general academic advising center for all education students who need help with their program.
The Coordinator in the Office of Student Services assists all teacher candidates at Fredonia, as well as alumni, with all certification questions. Please use links at the upper right for specific information on the following topics:
- Help with TEACH Online Services
- Information about New York State Teacher Certification Exams (NYSTCE) and the edTPA. (Including all information related to the NYSTCE Safety Nets)
- Steps to Initial/Professional Teacher Certification (including Time Extension / Initial Reissuance)
- Fingerprinting Information - The fingerprint process for New York State teacher candidates recently changed. The fingerprint supported criminal history background check program administered by the NYSED’s Office of School Personnel Review and Accountability (OSPRA) is joining the Statewide Vendor Managed System operated by MorphoTrust. Click here for more information.
- Teaching in Other States
- Alternative certification questions
Scholarships coordinated through the Office of Student Services are for students currently enrolled in the College of Education. Current Education students interested in applying for scholarships should read the information and criteria for available scholarships and complete the matching application form. All students currently enrolled in a Teacher Education Initial Certification Program and in good academic standing are eligible to apply. An applicant may apply for any or all of the scholarships, even if applicant meets only some of the criteria.
Completed applications are accepted yearly during the month of March.
Potential or incoming students should contact Student Affairs for entrance scholarship information.
*SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS FOR 2016 were ACCEPTED BETWEEN March 14 -- March 30th (4pm close of business)*
The Office of Student Services handles graduation clearance and verification of requirement completion for the following programs:
- Childhood Education
- Childhood Inclusive Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood/Childhood Education
- Bilingual Education Extension
- Curriculum and Instruction in Inclusive Education
- Language and Learning
- Literacy: Birth-Grade 12
- Literacy: Grades 5-12
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- School Building Leadership
- School District Leadership
Office Hours: M-F 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Summer Office Hours: M-F 8:00 am-4:00 pm
Office of Student Services, College of Education
E259 Thompson Hall
State University of New York at Fredonia
Fredonia, NY 14063