Cooperating teachers play a significant role as the pre-service teacher’s model and mentor sharing their expertise and educational experience. They are a vital part of our student teaching program assisting us in developing motivated future teachers.
Cooperating teachers provide encouragement, advice and example. They engage pre-service teachers in ongoing conversations about teaching and learning, encourage pre-service students to ask questions and gain independence, provide regular feedback, assist with the development of teaching skills, monitor and assess the pre-service teacher’s growth, and explore perspectives that might be new to them.
Cooperating Teacher Forms and Resources
- Cooperating Teacher Compensation Procedures
- Substitute W-9 Form
- Tuition Waiver/Stipend Compensation Form (PDF)
- Early Field Experience Teacher Candidate Intervention Form (PDF)
- Student Teacher Teacher Candidate Intervention Form (PDF)
- Cooperating Teacher Questionnaire
- Excellence in Student Teaching Award Nomination